Mar 9, 2010

The mystical gust

I was there, sitting alone, with a book under my nose but my eyes elsewhere. I was getting restless. Two hours of studies certainly took it's toll on me.
But I struggled on. The book atleast still made sense when the wind blew the curtain onto my face. With a lazy flick of my hand, I pushed aside only to discover something indescribable.
The wind blew into my face. I breathed the pure air and it filled with energy. I do this day ponder why that gust of wind was so special.
The first reason I could come up with was it's temperature. You don't need a thermometer and I don't care how many degrees it was, but the air was of the perfect temperature. Cool and refreshing, almost like a drink of water.
Three years hence, I still go that same corner of my sister's room hoping that wind will return to inspire me. It never did. There was certainly something supernatural about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment