Oct 29, 2010

Monotony

The sun rose, ever so faithful. I rose as well, not in the same faith. Seven "Get-up"s, each louder than the previous from my father sufficed to wake me up, not full though. I walk sleepily to the bathroom, wake-up, have a bath, wake-up, wear my uniform, wake-up, eat breakfast and hop onto the bus when I finally wake-up and gather a measure of control over my actions.
The bus goes on the usual round, reach school, the same kid kicks me and bites but gives me a tearful farewell when we have to part ways and reach respective classes. The old friends greet me, the same people harp on the victories of the team they support, same this, same that.
Same Class teacher walks in, teaches biology to a mildly-interested and highly restless class. Same this, same that.
Well you may think it's all boring and you are right in thinking so inspite of being mistaken. The fun element is there, normal high school jokes, a sudden spurt in the funniness of a certain maths teacher's accent and lots of laughter. But the fun isn't enough. The monotony of the fun is there.
Life isn't too monotonous if there is the same thing which you don't like. Sameness creates monotony, negative sameness or positive sameness. Nothing to get the adrenaline pumping through the veins. No stealthily stealing down a corridor hiding from the teacher. It's all fun, fun and fun, which it may sound fun, isn't so much fun. The source of the fun is the same, and the sameness of the fun destroys the fun.
The laughter, the happiness and the joy ring out every period as jokes degrade reality further and further, innovative and intellectual jokes to the immature, silly ones, all are laughed at. But the laughter is too constant. Laughter becomes the monotony and life isn't all roses though it is all laughter. The monotony gets to you.

2 comments:

  1. Nice one. :) But you know practice makes perfect... Just trying to confuse you here nvr mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.
    I did get confused, but you don't need practice to have fun do u?

    ReplyDelete