Jan 15, 2011

Mother India

A random poem I wrote for my Civics assignment.
She hugs me,
makes me feel cared.
She slaps me,
makes me feel scared.
She baffles me,
with beauty and brilliance.
She suffocates me,
with her teeming millions.
She leaves me confused,
annoyed, angry at her.
She leaves me amazed,
awed, envious of her.
Here she slaps me again
There he hugs me again.
She filthy yet she's famous.
She's poor yet the money flows.
She's corrupt yet she's courteous
She contradicts yet she's assuring.
Assuring in her contractions,
Contradicting in her assurances,
Assuring in her contradictions,
She is my mother,
Mother India and inspite of it all
I'm proud of her
Because she is mine,
while being ours.

1 comment:

  1. Nice one Lokahith. This does look like it comes from the heart. Would love to see more poems like this.

    ReplyDelete